What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprised to see that 64GB + 3G iPad 2 is the top selling model

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's the only one our best buy seems to ever have on hand. When the 16 & 32g come in, they go quickly.
The 64 are left, so people who don't want to wait will just fork over the money and get the 64g. It seems they always get more 64g and only a couple of the others.

OP
R

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Best Buy was the same so I got lucky since that was the one I wanted anyways.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think more and more people are coming to realize that they will be putting more things like movies, music, books and pictures on it than some of the first adopters did. After all, the first adopters had no idea what could be done with this new device, even Apple didn't even know. Now many people have seen others with them and heard all about it, especially from the people who bought the 16gb wifi versions and were filling them up fast and wishing they had bought the biggest one available. My idea is to alway buy the best one you can, and if nothing else the resale value will always be higher if you don't like it. In electronics I have always found that the cheapest device is always a waste of money and time (frustration). They won't last, won't do what you want without a lot of comprises and you can't give them away.

Joezilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the only one our best buy seems to ever have on hand. When the 16 & 32g come in, they go quickly.
The 64 are left, so people who don't want to wait will just fork over the money and get the 64g. It seems they always get more 64g and only a couple of the others.

Yes, that is true, but around here, the 64 giggers that they have left are of the 3G variety, which leaves me out in the cold with my wanting only a 32 or 64 WIFI model.

I ordered my 32 gig black WIFI a couple of days ago. Supposed to ship May 19th. Does Apple ever ship early???

Joezilla

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i honestly thought the 32gb would have been the best seller. i was pretty dead set on getting a 32gb model but the past couple of days i been thinking of just getting the 64gb model now.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I think more and more people are coming to realize that they will be putting more things like movies, music, books and pictures on it than some of the first adopters did. After all, the first adopters had no idea what could be done with this new device, even Apple didn't even know. Now many people have seen others with them and heard all about it, especially from the people who bought the 16gb wifi versions and were filling them up fast and wishing they had bought the biggest one available. My idea is to alway buy the best one you can, and if nothing else the resale value will always be higher if you don't like it. In electronics I have always found that the cheapest device is always a waste of money and time (frustration). They won't last, won't do what you want without a lot of comprises and you can't give them away.

I agree with your basic principle but might add that a lot of people had iPhones (including me) well before the first iPad hit the market and we were very aware how quickly 16GB could be eaten up. That's why when I purchased my iPad1 in May of last year I opted for the 64GB wifi + 3G. But, on the other hand, not everyone had an iPhone then either.

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally went for a 32GB with 3G but decided that my iPad could do everything my laptop could do but it's more portable so i returned it and got s 64GB with 3G. I could afford it and wanted the best - very glad I did :D

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I ordered from apple. I have a 64Gb iPhone and it is almost full. Since you can't add memory to these devices, the more memory you have the longer it is likely to be useful.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had originally waited 8 hours in line on launch day and got the 64gb wifi only, couple days I found it to be useless when I would be out since I couldnt use the internet. I found it to be a waste of such amazing product, so i returned it and got the 3G. Havnt been happier :D

Most reactions

Latest posts