What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for Offline Reading?

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My office is - literally - the tornado shelter for the company. Great news for tornado season, horrible news for connectivity. So, all day at work I am in a "Dead Zone".

Do any of you read off line? I mean - besides the obvious books and magazines that you can buy and download to your iPad. I do have some of those... but, like newspapers and blogs?

Is there an RSS reader, for instance, that will cache a certain number of articles for me to read in my "Dead Zone"?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!

OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, thanks! I do have Instapaper, which has that function, but that's more of a "one-at-a-time" kind of thing.

I was hoping for something that would dump a bunch of blog posts and/or news articles into a cache without me having to choose them singly.

sequin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am interested in something like this. Would love to have an App that would grab all the "new posts" from some of my favorite message boards and hold them for later offline reading!

Freddyisnot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any suggestions at all? I would love to have an app that let me do this.

Freddyisnot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking at iCab. It looks like the browser can cache bookmarked pages, however how about links? I would like to be able to download a news site and all the full text articles. Please tell me if I am wrong, but it looks like I would have to bookmark every single article I want to read. That is not really useful.
Other than that, iCab looks like a really good browser for the iPad, I think I'll get it anyway.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Freddyisnot said:
I'm looking at iCab. It looks like the browser can cache bookmarked pages, however how about links? I would like to be able to download a news site and all the full text articles. Please tell me if I am wrong, but it looks like I would have to bookmark every single article I want to read. That is not really useful.
Other than that, iCab looks like a really good browser for the iPad, I think I'll get it anyway.

You might want to check out Offline Pages Pro:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/offline-pages-pro-offline/id391462107?mt=8&ls=1

Try to get iCab as well...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts