What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus Question

Sam Dean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to use a stylus for drawing but I am worried:

1) Will it scratch or damage my iPad screen?
2) How sensitive is it? If it is not very sensitive, then it's no good for drawing.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Sam Dean said:

2) How sensitive is it? If it is not very sensitive, then it's no good for drawing.

depends on the stylus

rubber tipped ones will be fine, but you may want to try them out first, and go for fine tipped ones instead of the usual round ended ones

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sam Dean said:

Sam,

I've just got a Boxwave stylus. The tip is really soft and flexible, more so than a finger. It's sensitive, I'm barely touching the screen.

However, I'm using Brushes app and I think I might tend to use my fingers. My main dislike is the shortness of the stylus, it doesn't feel comfortable in my hand. I'm used to holding a real brush or pencil. Early days yet, I will persevere.

Apart from the shortness of handle it's a good product. I didn't buy the combination pen and stylus though, just the stylus. Maybe the combi one has a longer handle.

Hope this helps you.

Ian

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ozaki stylus that I've used enough to know works well, without scratching. It has a rubber tip. I don't draw with it, though.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
I have a mini stylus with a rubber tipped end that connects to the power port of the iPhone/iPad when not in use

not sure if the guy actually sells it though, as I got it free when I bought an iPad case off him

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used a Stylus-R-Us since last November. I love it. There is a small learning curve, because it only needs a VERY slight pressure and works wonderfully.

ChasityParker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new and don't know how to post new thread, but I,would like to,know what's the best or recommended stylus for new iPad for handwriting, etc.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

mikos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Bamboo stylus that I use with Noteshelf for work and it does the job really well. The Bamboo is rubber tipped but has a finer tip than most out there, making it easier to write with. It has a nice weight and is the most "pen like" of the three I tried. It isn't cheap but I do use it 5 days a week now, so it was worth it to me.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have tried a few stylus including a couple Targus ones but I recently purchased an iFaraday RxII which is a material type stylus, the AluPen from Just Mobile which is a rubber tip and one other one that I can't remember the name of right now (and I guess it made last on my list of the 3 because it's not even with me to look at it for a name). I love the iFaraday, love it, and I use it for handwriting mainly/note taking etc for work. I also love the AluPen although it's just a little short for what I like but I love the weight and chunkiness of it. Both travel with me and my iPad and depending on the moment, I choose which one I feel like using. Those are my 2 picks ... right now. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts