What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you recommend to use stylus on IPAD?

quasar0018

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.. Is it worth it to use stylus for ipad? I want to buy one and use it for drawing but some people says that the stylus available are not durable..

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought griffin stylus to use on iPhone4, i have large fingers,

tbh I found it a bit like using the erasure end on a pencil, sort of soggy.

Depends on what sort if drawings your doing, might be fine for art and budding banksy's but for strict line technical drawings I don't think they will work, cheap enough to buy and try one though ;).

Regs
ipadbraincell

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a griffin stylus and find it great but i don't draw so don't know how it would be for that.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is the only way I IPad daily. I use a Griffin stylus daily. No finger prints on my screen.
Stylus on IP just does not work well.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the only way I IPad daily. I use a Griffin stylus daily. No finger prints on my screen.
Stylus on IP just does not work well.
yes,no fingerprints,thats why i initially bought my griffin but soon found i could type faster and more accurately too,wouldn't be without it now.

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my pogo and AluPen for doodling on the iPad and it keeps it clean.

wolfeslad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too use the griffin stylus for handwriting notes but for typing I just use my fingers, i'm not really fussed about the fingerprints, I use a microfibre cloth if they get too much lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, I recommend using a stylus, especially for the handwritten notetaking apps. I use Noteshelf (that just got an awesome update!) and a stylus sure makes it easier to write than my finger.

I've just discovered the Kensington Virtuoso (which you can get either with a pen at the other end of the rubber tip or as a pure stylus).

It's very much like the Boxwave/Targus models except it's slightly over 5" long (and heavier). Much more comfortable for me to hold. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

ipaddyflint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a griffin stylus and love working with it. I was kind of slow in the beginning but now I am much faster with the stylus.
Why not try it.

wolfeslad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sakadalim said:
stylus for capacitive touchscreen sucks! they are large.... it doesn't feel like a pen and you can't draw fine lines

Although I do like the griffin, my 1 gripe is the same, the tip is just to large. Don't get me wrong, I understand why and they cannot be very much smaller but looking at how much pressure is needed to write with them i'm sure the can be made smaller without loss of functionality!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts