What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Student notebook apps??

eman2220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a college student in a class where powerpoint handouts are common. What I'd like to do with an app is scan the powerpoint into whatever app is out there and be able to take handwritten notes on the scan directly on my ipad2. If possible I'd also like to record the lecture audibly without the profesoor knowing I'm recording. Is all of this possible with one app? I see some scanner apps, but I don't know if they allow a user to do handwritten notes. Basically in a nut shell, what would you recommend to a newbie who is looking to rid himself of notebooks? Thanks in advance!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Apple's Keynote app can read PowerPoint files and export them as PDF. Then there are several app's that can be used to annotate them - such as GoodReader and iAnnotate. Notes Plus can record iPad audio too and can be used for handwritten notes as well as typed material.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notability allows you to record a lecture and take notes at the same time. No handwritten notes though. Upad allows you to take handwritten notes and you could import them into notability. Notability has a excellent method of sorting notes. I use both and I'm very satisfied.

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom811 said:
Notability allows you to record a lecture and take notes at the same time. No handwritten notes though. Upad allows you to take handwritten notes and you could import them into notability. Notability has a excellent method of sorting notes. I use both and I'm very satisfied.

Are there any apps that do both hand writing and recording? If not how do you import Upad notes into Notability? I have both.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom811 said:

Are there any apps that do both hand writing and recording? If not how do you import Upad notes into Notability? I have both.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I use Underscore Notify, which does everything including handwriting recognition with an optional in app putchase, However, there is a very long best note taking app thread here, look through that, it will give you many alternatives.

Cybersma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Noterize might be worth a look for you. It will import Power Point and PDFs and allow annotation of those files. Handwritten functions include Pen mode (6 solid colors) and Highlighter mode (6 transparent colors). Both of those can be scaled from very small to large pen size with a slider on the top. Since handwritten notes usually come out fairly large on the iPad I like to zoom in to write so that when I zoom out the writting is a little more manageable. There is also a text mode which allows you to type on a regular page or type into boxes. I prefer the boxes as I can move them later to better organize them. The type is also fully and quickly adjustable. There is also an eraser function.

There is an audio recorder built in. The one thing I don't like about it is that it records audio separately for each page which can become fairly sliced up on a 100 page Power Point lecture. It does, however allow you to listen to the part of the lecture associated with the page you are on.

I have not used the import function inside any of the documents but apparently you can import pictures for placement in your note as well. Export is only in PDF format however.

I use ReaddleDocs and Save2PDF to allow me to import other types of docs and print them to PDF for Noterize.

Hope that helps.

OP
E

eman2220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your input. I'll try it out!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what app is there, that i can easily view powerpoints/pdf or even websites and also take notes ? i would like the ability to record the lecture and also be able to sync it soemthing like google docs or drop box

owsc2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
what app is there, that i can easily view powerpoints/pdf or even websites and also take notes ? i would like the ability to record the lecture and also be able to sync it soemthing like google docs or drop box

Noterize

nursingstudent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an ipad app that will allow me to view powerpoints in a way that I can see the slide and the presenter notes (and add to the presenter notes during lecture) at the same time. Does anyone use an app like this?

Most reactions