What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream Live TV?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
only thing I can think of is to have a remote desktop app do the work for ya. Especially if you have a TV tuner in your computer (if not, you can pick up an internal or external one for around 80 bucks)

screwdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a few I use to watch college football, but they require flash.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to filmon.com in safari. Limited live tv. But hey, it's there. (lots of channels blacked out, etc. )

OP
J

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
I have started using AirVideo, it seems like a really good app but my only question is, I know it can be used anywhere if you have Wi-Fi connection right? but do you need to leave your home PC turned on for it to work when on the go or not?

RedWings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slingbox. You'll have upfront costs (Slingbox Hardware + Slingplayer App), but then you can watch anything you can watch at home...live.

I have started using AirVideo, it seems like a really good app but my only question is, I know it can be used anywhere if you have Wi-Fi connection right? but do you need to leave your home PC turned on for it to work when on the go or not?

Yes, you need the AirVideo server software running on your PC in order to use it.

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an old Slingbox AV and already had the Ipod app for my kids, so that is what I use. It is not HD but does not cost me any extra money.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If AirVideo is an app downloaded to your iPad and you have wifi in your home you do not need your computer up to use it.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If AirVideo is an app downloaded to your iPad and you have wifi in your home you do not need your computer up to use it.

I don't think this is correct. Your computer is what is serving the video to your device right? Airvideo runs as a service on a PC or Mac. If this is the case, yes you need to keep your home PC not only on but awake to serve video to your device.

RedWings

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't think this is correct. Your computer is what is serving the video to your device right? Airvideo runs as a service on a PC or Mac. If this is the case, yes you need to keep your home PC not only on but awake to serve video to your device.

That is correct. AirVideo server has to be installed on a PC. Without the server running, AirVideo can not stream the video file.

OP
J

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
Yeah I have installed the server on my home PC, I will run some tests later tonight to see what it can do and how it all works.

Infamousnupe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jus got a iPad. I'm looking to stream video on the iPad ... Is there a website I can just go to and stream movies free?

Most reactions

Latest posts