What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange notification

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This morning, when I woke up my iPad there was a red number badge on the Sertings icon, like I was tardy applying an update. Curious, I opened Settings, and at the top right under my name was a new line item, Two Factor Authentication. I tapped it, a wait cursor spun for a minute, then the line simply disappeared. No info, no explanation, nothing. Huh?

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would find out if it’s activated two factor it’s always bugging me to do it and I really don’t like the idea.

John Niziurski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have finally realized that when it wants my Apple password, it’s usually because they are pushing an update through. I don’t want the extra authentication, so, I opt out. You can skip it by hitting Do Not Use 2 step authentication. Just follow the prompts to not do what they want. You may have to go through it twice to get rid of the red mark on Settings, but it eventually takes the hint.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The 2FA thing happened again yesterday. Same badge, same protracted whirling cursor, same disappearance. Apple is crazy.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now the damned OS is nagging me several times a day to do 2FA. Send me a free phone, Apple, with a free service account, and I'll consider it.

Most reactions

Latest posts