What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Straightening Photos in the basic pre-installed photo editor??

Jonootz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the "Crop and Straighten" function in the basic photo editor but have only been able to get "fleeting glimpses" of the thin inner grid lines which allow you to rotate the image by a few degrees......I have not been able to consistently view the grids before they disappear. Can't find any information to help me consistently do this step......Got User Guides up the Kazoo but there are a lot of things with this device that just are not explained!

Thanks for the previous help on the HTML question .

Also what do you folks think is the best photo editor program without going into the super tech. level?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, played around with it a bit and this is what I found.

You rotate by placing two fingers on the screen and turning them, much the same as you would if you were going to turn a piece of paper.

You can only rotate if the rotated view fits the cropped area. If you try to rotate the picture before zooming in (or shrinking the crop area) it will only rotate until there will be blank (no picture areas) at the corners. At that point you have to zoom in a bit more and try again.
The best technique (what worked for me in my brief testing) is to zoom into the picture (preferably the area of the picture you are referencing as straight), rotate, then zoom out and drag the crop areas to get the best selection you can.

Most computers auto cropping for you when you rotate, so you can either look at this as more control, or a pain. Either works. ;)

You can only rotate up to 45º (maybe a bit less, it's a guess based on what I see). To rotate the picture more, first use the 90º rotate option (before you choose to crop and rotate) to get the picture as close to the angle you want as possible. You may have to try it a couple of different ways if you are going to rotate more than 30º or so.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts