What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storing a Skype Conversation history in the Cloud

Siouxaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if one uses Skype on the iPad, i believe all the conversation history is stored somewhere on that iPad an can only be access on that specific iPad.

I've seen postings about 'exporting the 'main.db' file by plugging the iPad into PC and navigating through the Skype files and folders and then dragging and dropping on to the PC.
Seems like a bit of a faff!

I also notice that on the iPad one can't simply hold and Select All -Copy- then Paste into something like Notes to get a full text version of the conversation.
Used to be able to do the Highlight all, copy and paste business in Windows but doesn't work on iPad, darnnit!

Anyone found a quicker way of selecting all of a conversation, pasting it into something like Notes and storing it in the Cloud?

All advice gratefully received.

Sioux
IPad mini
IOS 7.0.2

OP
Siouxaj

Siouxaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if one uses Skype on the iPad, i believe all the conversation history is stored somewhere on that iPad an can only be access on that specific iPad. I've seen postings about 'exporting the 'main.db' file by plugging the iPad into PC and navigating through the Skype files and folders and then dragging and dropping on to the PC. Seems like a bit of a faff! I also notice that on the iPad one can't simply hold and Select All -Copy- then Paste into something like Notes to get a full text version of the conversation. Used to be able to do the Highlight all, copy and paste business in Windows but doesn't work on iPad, darnnit! Anyone found a quicker way of selecting all of a conversation, pasting it into something like Notes and storing it in the Cloud? All advice gratefully received. Sioux IPad mini IOS 7.0.2

OK, I've come up with a 'workaround'... Not ideal but until someone comes up with something better, I just take screenshots of the conversation in portrait mode and then save each of those images to my Cloud storage.
Sioux

Most reactions