What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopped receiving e-mails

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my I-pad I have and can get no e-mails later than about some time yesterday (Sunday) morning. Yet on my new MacBook I have them up till late Sunday. My int Ernest connection is working - otherwise you would not be seeing this. This is happening with two adsl/routers whatever you call them t hat are available.to me, one BT and one virginmedia.

Everything seems as it should be in Settings. I access other stuff on the net from the I-pad.
It's a big nuisance because I am at present for complicated reasons able to print only from my I-pad at the moment, and I need to print some tickets. I have never seen this kind of difference between reception by the two devices before.

Any ideas what could be the matter and what to do about it?

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS And then, something intermittent I noticed before and now it has come back - sometimes I can see no e-mails later than a date last November!

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The e-mails mentioned did catch up with me about 36h late and only just in time for what I needed. But the same thing has happened again.

I see there are other threads about the same issue, e.g.
Open Desktop receiving e-mails and not ipad
But I didn't find a solution.

It does look like there is competition between two devices. However just switching one or both off had no immediate effect when iPad switched back on.
I looked into my Outlook/hotmail account. I could find anything there I could change.
In the e-mail thing in my Mac I found a thing 'mail days to synch' and guessing what this geekspeak might mean I changed days from 2 to 0.
Had no effect.
Somewhere round there I found a button 'synchronise hotmail'. It didn't respond in any way to clicking on it.

Spent enough time to no effect. Quite a nuisance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mail Days to Sync means it shows emails not older than 2 days on your device, if you selected 2 Days. With 0 checkmarked, you'll only find the emails of today.

There's the same setting on the iPad. If you go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Accounts - your hotmail account, you will also find "Mail Days to Sync". If you wish to see emails that were sent or received longer than one month ago on your iPad, set it to "No Limit".

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail Days to Sync means it shows emails not older than 2 days on your device, if you selected 2 Days. With 0 checkmarked, you'll only find the emails of today.

There's the same setting on the iPad. If you go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Accounts - your hotmail account, you will also find "Mail Days to Sync". If you wish to see emails that were sent or received longer than one month ago on your iPad, set it to "No Limit".

Thank you. This problem I think has been the reason why I reply so late - I didn't see your post.

I think it is sorted now, not sure, still seem to see a few anomalies but not quite so bad. I got some help from Mac. I think all we did was to diisinstall and reinstall the email from both devices.

In the course of which I did find out what "Mail days to synch" means. Proud of myself are having guess in exactly the right area, though the exact opposite of what I thought.

Most reactions

Latest posts