What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs speaks, we listen!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
steve-jobs-adobe-ipad.jpg

Steve Jobs held a town hall style meeting with Apple employees following the huge event last week and Wired was there to bring us details of whats going on behind closed doors. As you can imagine, Adobe and Google were a major part of the discussions.

In response to Google:
We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won’t let them, he says. Someone else asks something on a different topic, but there’s no getting Jobs off this rant. I want to go back to that other question first and say one more thing, he says. This don’t be evil mantra: “It’s bullshit.†Audience roars.
In response to Adobe:
They are lazy, Jobs says. They have all this potential to do interesting things but they just refuse to do it. They don’t do anything with the approaches that Apple is taking, like Carbon. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy, he says. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it’s because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5.
You go Steve, tell us how you really feel! I think the tech war of 2010 has been officially declared folks. This also appears to be good confirmation that we will not see flash support coming to the iPad.

{Source: Macrumors.com - Wired}

scotty frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Despite the fact this is an Apple forum, I have stated that I am a Googlenaut.With that being said I believe Jobs is barking up the wrong tree calling out Google like that. Google has a hand in every pot right now(for the most part) they are working on everything. I believe that Android is a better platform than the iPhone and unless Jobs pulls something out of the blue he is gonna have a mess on his hands. The Android OS is gaining quite the cult following, its everyone that refused to get an iPhone and a lot of Blackberry users are switching to Android instead of iPhones. So Steve better have something really creative unless he wants to lose his nut to Google.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting seeing jobs like this. I like it.:). I agree of what he said about Adobe being lazy, and the google part was true. They do want iphone gone but its such a great invention. GO STEVE!

Most reactions