What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At least he's not gone completely, he us still chairman.

I think tim cook is up to the job. He won't be Steve, no one will, but he will be a good replacement.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is at least a much better succession than Balmer replacing Gates...

I wish you nothing but the best Steve. I had the chance to work for Apple in the early days of the Macintosh, and his leadership really did permeate the entire company. He will be missed, though I think he has positioned Apple better than about any other technology company transition in the last 50 years...

-t

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sad day not only for Apple fans, but for tech fans in general. Like him or not, mad helped make the tech world what it is today. Godspeed to you Steve Jobs.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Things will be a lot different without Steve Jobs around. God bless him.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs just free up some things but he still got the upper hand as Chairman of the Board. Overseeing is quite a nice job for someone who revives the Apple from bancruptcy. Good bless Steve!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim Cook: "...Apple is not going to change."

Team:

I am looking forward to the amazing opportunity of serving as CEO of the most innovative company in the world. Joining Apple was the best decision I've ever made and it's been the privilege of a lifetime to work for Apple and Steve for over 13 years. I share Steve's optimism for Apple's bright future.

Steve has been an incredible leader and mentor to me, as well as to the entire executive team and our amazing employees. We are really looking forward to Steve's ongoing guidance and inspiration as our Chairman.

I want you to be confident that Apple is not going to change. I cherish and celebrate Apple's unique principles and values. Steve built a company and culture that is unlike any other in the world and we are going to stay true to that—it is in our DNA. We are going to continue to make the best products in the world that delight our customers and make our employees incredibly proud of what they do.

I love Apple and I am looking forward to diving into my new role. All of the incredible support from the Board, the executive team and many of you has been inspiring. I am confident our best years lie ahead of us and that together we will continue to make Apple the magical place that it is.

Tim

Exclusive: Tim Cook e-mails Apple employees: "Apple is not going to change"

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
35mfsap.jpg

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs developed a top team to do all that is needed to maintain the product lines over the next few years. The iPad was in development for ten years, so the short term is in good shape. What will be missed is Steve Jobs, the visionary, and Steve Jobs, the showman. Jobs had an evangelical approach to electronics, and we are so much better for his vision. There will still be his influence, but all things must come to an end. It was hard to imagine a world without Bob Hope or John Wayne. No more Agatha Christie, and the list goes on.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs developed a top team to do all that is needed to maintain the product lines over the next few years. The iPad was in development for ten years, so the short term is in good shape. What will be missed is Steve Jobs, the visionary, and Steve Jobs, the showman. Jobs had an evangelical approach to electronics, and we are so much better for his vision. There will still be his influence, but all things must come to an end. It was hard to imagine a world without Bob Hope or John Wayne. No more Agatha Christie, and the list goes on.
I think it would be more accurate to say that it was hard to imagine a world without Thomas Edison than Bob Hope...but point taken. :)

The good news is that he will still be an integral part of the company as Chairman.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May god bless steve jobs soul, i am very unhappy to hear this. Saying that tim cook is more then capable of running and leading apple, lets hope with the time off steve gets better

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Most reactions