What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steinheil AF Antiglare shield

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my Steinheil antiglare sheet in the mail today and took it out to the Apple store for them to install (trust me, I suck at putting these things on.)

Not only did they do an awesome job, but they were pretty amazed at the lack of glare, while the colors on screen still popped out. Ive had one of these on my iPhone since day one, so I knew how good the quality would be.

No more having to wipe off fingerprints every other minute, and I'm writing this (quite easily, I must say) on my iPad under what would be considerably harsh lighting on a normal glossy iPad screen. Now I see some indistinct blotches of light, but they aren't bothersome :)

Pick up a Steinheil AF if you hate glare as much as I do!

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though I haven't had much use for screen protectors in the past, I haven't had as much screen to protect either.
Time will tell if the glare becomes an issue for me or not.

Thanks for heads-up.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info-it is temporarily out of stock. I have not decided about a screen cover-I am tired of the finger prints. I have two Weimaraners and have noticed their tiny little hairs have found their way to my Ipad.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks good. I'll probably get it. Does it feel as smooth as the screen without it? Does it look clear?

OP
B

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks good. I'll probably get it. Does it feel as smooth as the screen without it? Does it look clear?

It doesn't feel 100% like the glass, but it's pretty close. It's extremely smooth gliding and scrolling - you can kinda feel a little "plasticy" feel under your fingers, but that's really not an issue.

Yes, it's VERY clear, the colors still pop nicely, and I don't notice any kind of color shifts with it on.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Even we have a top material from japan, i really dislike the film, i have try several film supplier, even 3M (considered as the best) the screen is really not the same. if i have to choose i prefer to clean my screen time to time … maybe is stupid (especially for a supplier) , but i consider is not the most necessary accessory for the iPad

OP
B

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even we have a top material from japan, i really dislike the film, i have try several film supplier, even 3M (considered as the best) the screen is really not the same. if i have to choose i prefer to clean my screen time to time … maybe is stupid (especially for a supplier) , but i consider is not the most necessary accessory for the iPad

While I bought the shield primarily for the antiglare feature, it certainly does cut down significantly on fingerprints as well.

I would have to say that WITH the shield, you may only have to clean it from "time to time" - without it, you'll be cleaning it every few minutes, and that's no exaggeration. The bare glass is a fingerprint and dust magnet…

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

While I bought the shield primarily for the antiglare feature, it certainly does cut down significantly on fingerprints as well.

I would have to say that WITH the shield, you may only have to clean it from "time to time" - without it, you'll be cleaning it every few minutes, and that's no exaggeration. The bare glass is a fingerprint and dust magnet…

I will not deny some good film can cut the finger print, but you just see the finger print when the device is closed .. so it’s not a big cake (in my eyes).

this is purely a personal opinion, we currently are working on better solution than the film … let see if we find better way

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of issues that the users are going to have to make decisions about. And no two people can deal with it the same way. Since I am always needing micrfiber glass wipes for my glasses, I will probably just go that route.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It doesn't feel 100% like the glass, but it's pretty close. It's extremely smooth gliding and scrolling - you can kinda feel a little "plasticy" feel under your fingers, but that's really not an issue.

Yes, it's VERY clear, the colors still pop nicely, and I don't notice any kind of color shifts with it on.

Clear is important. I find text clarity on small point sizes not the best on the iPad. The droid for example produces excellent clarity on small text. One shield that I tried had a matte screen that made a lot of small text hard to read. I quickly took it off. If this is typical of matte screens, which I think is useful for AG, I'd think twice about getting one.

Most reactions

Latest posts