What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Square Up Credit Card Reader???

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I saw this advertised in one of the banner ads at the top of the page and was curious how many of you have one and use it on a regular basis? What are your thoughts... Does it work? Is it truly as easy as it looks? Have you had any issues with it?

https://squareup.com/

Thanks in advance for your help!

Temp48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one and have used it casually (not every day by any means!). It works great. Sliding the card is simple, and it works on the first try most of the time. Occasionally it takes a few swipes, but that's probably at least partly the card's fault for being worn out. It's a very convenient way to accept money, that's for sure. The fees aren't bad either - less than $0.03 per $1.00.

If you're planning on using it daily for business, you'll want to follow Trip's advice and do some further research on Google. That said, I've seen a number of food carts around town using Square and they seem to love it! Hope that helps!

- David Z.

OP
lonzom10

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the feedback and for pointing me in the right direction guys!

Mazda4fun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.juliescafebakery.com
Square connection problem

I recently purchased an IPAD and downloaded the Square App from the store. I've already had an account with Square for my smartphone and it works great. However, when I downloaded the app for the IPAD, when I try signing in it says it's not connected to the internet. I know its connected because I can surf the web and any other app works. Has anybody else had this issue?

OP
lonzom10

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set-up my account and received my Square within a few days. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but look forward to getting my first transaction soon.

In regards to your issue, I have the app installed on my iPad 2 and my Samsung Fascinate Android phone and both seem to work without issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts