What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Springpad (in stead of Evernote)

siris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, does anybody here use Springpad? I'm considering moving from Evernote to Springpad because of the latter's ability to store notes offline on my iPad. I'm not a power user, but offline storage is critical to the functionality for me - and $5 a month is way too much IMO.

Just wanted a quick heads up in terms of basic functionality, ability to email to your Springpad account etc. etc.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I use Springpad and quite happy with it.

I stopped using Evernote when they demanded I must be online to see my notes (or else become a paid member).

I also like the Springpad interface better. My online gripe with Springpad is that they don't allow rich text formatting in notes :p

OP
S

siris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I use Springpad and quite happy with it.

I stopped using Evernote when they demanded I must be online to see my notes (or else become a paid member).

I also like the Springpad interface better. My online gripe with Springpad is that they don't allow rich text formatting in notes :p

Thanks mobi, appreciate the feedback.

Do I understand correctly, there is no PC offline interface (yet), but the mobile and ipad apps allows offline saving of all your notes?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't check any PC interface but yes it does allow to work/save notes offline.

Last night I worked on it with airplane mode turned on and worked fine.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used Springpad for awhile and liked it. But when it was updated (don't recallwhen) I can no longer use it on IE9 on my computer but can access with my mobile device. I can't email with it at all. Any suggestions as to an alternative besides evernote?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I moved the thread to the iPad Apps area, it will probably help you to get more attention.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you iFrog. I'm embarrassed to say I can't find the Ipad apps forum. Sorry could you pls. give me directions? I have a GPS app for that lol.. Thanks agian iFrog

Last edited:

anp27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only just started using Springpad and already I feel what a great leap from Evernote it is. Like mobi1, I stopped using Evernote because I didn't have offline access to it.. I have a WiFi only iPad so the ability to open up Springpad without Internet connection is HUGE. I also didn't feel like paying $5 just for this capability, so I made the jump... I'm so happy I came across Springpad!

Most reactions