What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spotlight (iOS) alternative for documents

this man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I dumped Evernote I've been using Apple Notes and Pages. But as Spotlight in iOS doesn't work with finding text in different Pages documents I've been looking for an alternative to Spotlight in iOS. It wouldn't help me to just use Apple Notes on iOS as I sometimes need to insert an image so that's why I'm using Pages as well.

I did find one app on the iTunes Store called Notesdeck that seems to claim to be able to do a Spotlight type search even on Pages documents in the iCloud. I'm on a low income right now so I haven't taken a chance on buying it. Does anybody know if it works OK as a Spotlight alternative on iOS? Are there other apps I should look at?

I do have Bento 4 on my iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro but it doesn't seem to work with Pages documents in the iCloud. Although I'd be interested in any work arounds involving Bento.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
T

this man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did read on the Notesdeck web site Notesdeck the following:
[h=3]<quote>
Supports iCloud, Evernote, Dropbox and Simplenote[/h][h=3]Access to all your notes in one interface. Store notes in Notesdeck (iCloud) or choose to connect your other services.[/h][h=3]</quote>[/h]I sent them an email asking about it but I haven't had a reply yet. I don't know if I've got the wrong idea about Notesdeck but it did get my attention. If anybody has read a review on it I'd be interested to look at it.

OP
T

this man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an email saying it doesn't work in the way I thought it would. Looks like I did misunderstand what I read. If anybody buys the app I'd still like to hear about it though.

Most reactions