What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spotify app for iPhone adds free radio streaming support

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
radio-on-iphone-vertical.jpg

Most people love music, but even the most diehard audiophile must be attentive to their budget when it comes to spending money on it. Spotify is here to help you with that, with a new free mobile streaming feature for the iPhone and iPad for US users. The service has been introduced for desktop users as of last year, but so far mobile users had to pay a $10/per month subscription to take advantage of the feature.

"Our focus has always been on creating an amazing user experience. The radio feature we've added to our iPhone and iPad apps gives users the ability to discover, listen and save what they like on the go — all within one app — for free," commented Charlie Hellman, vice president of products for Spotify.

The new service is quite similar to Pandora in that it allows users to design their own radio stations by choosing from the Spotify catalogue of over 16 million tracks. Users can also create playlists that consist of albums, artists or single songs.

This is a social music service as users are able to also “like†the tracks they listen to which are saved for listening later on, on their computers. “Liking†tracks is also important in finding new bands and personalizing your radio station. Adding friends and browsing through their favorite tracks is also an option.

For those interested in the Spotify update for iOS, it is available for download at the App Store.

By Radu

Source: Spotify Blog - Spotify
Source2: Spotify launches iPhone streaming radio - Jun. 19, 2012

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am quite excited about it. I guess this is the smart and giant move taken by spotify, I hope It become free and get open for every country, so It will make it easy to connect with people through music. If It happens, It would be next or you can similar to Napster.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pretty curious. I was using Pandora. But i must try it and hope it would be as awesome as Pandora.

Most reactions

Latest posts