What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedtest SLOW numbers

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has Apple throttled down the iPad so it's download speeds are one third what they should be?

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems here. My Speedtest results for both my iPad3 and my wife's iPad2 are very consistent with what I see from my laptop, all connected to the same wireless router.

OP
N

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can run Speedtest on a wireless notebook and a desktop and get great download speeds. BUT on this IPad 2 I get speeds only one third as fast. Oh well lousy speeds join the lack of flash on this mediocre Apple IPad.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NGC said:
I can run Speedtest on a wireless notebook and a desktop and get great download speeds. BUT on this IPad 2 I get speeds only one third as fast. Oh well lousy speeds join the lack of flash on this mediocre Apple IPad.

What kind of speed are you getting? I get pretty consistent results on all. Are you using speed test app?
I get about 10 download and 3 up with 67 ms latency.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ran Speedtest on my iPad3. 65 ms ping time, 13 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload. Connected to Time Warner Cable through my Asus router.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NGC said:

Either a hardware problem, config issue or you're trolling..... Your final comment points long and hard at trolling.

We have 4 pads in the house, 1st gen through 3rd gen. All report the same down/up speeds via wifi that all three hardwired home PC's exhibit. If you are legitimate, you may have an issue.
On the other hand, I'm no Apple fanboy yet as any intelligent user can point out, their is a reason other tablets/pads don't come close to the so called "mediocre" iPads market share. :)

Cheers

OP
N

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad some of you can get a 13 download. I guess I have to be satisfied with only 7.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NGC said:
I'm glad some of you can get a 13 download. I guess I have to be satisfied with only 7.

Why be "satisfied"? If something is wrong question it with the appropriate source. If other devices/PCs "both" wired and wireless get the same download performance yet your iPad gets significantly less there is obviously something wrong. Check your speeds off another router/wifi, maybe with a friends device clocking the same connection next to you etc..

There's a small number of variables and a few easy diagnostics could narrow it to one, and that one could be something amiss with your pad. Take it to an Apple store and check it against its peers off the same connection. If there's an issue with your pad it will be blatantly obvious.

They can't however help with the lack of flash support... However, near all of us wish they would/could.. :)

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts