What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reliance Mobile offers a speed of 5.7 MBPS on an iPad

virendrak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well well well... This looks neat - 5.7 MBPS on an iPad. It seems that this is a pic from someone's 3G speed test using a test Reliance connection. Can someone verify this?

Attachments

• IMG-20101123-00011.jpg
    IMG-20101123-00011.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 875

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's Mb, not MB. Megabits, not megabytes.

I don't know what 3G is like in the US, but that's about the speed we get here in Japan on our smart phones.

OP
V

virendrak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's Mb, not MB. Megabits, not megabytes.

I don't know what 3G is like in the US, but that's about the speed we get here in Japan on our smart phones.

Hey the pic is from the Indian 3g scenario. And I posted that thingy as i thought it was some thing cool. And trust me 5.7 mebabytes/sec is 'cool' and not 5.7 megabits/sec :)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is my take of 3G connection of 5M+

Truth is that most of the time it's around 2.5M

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 482

sankalp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you help me with reliance 3g settings for the ipad, the customer care is a dud, they have not heard of apple or ipad, strangely they asked me if i wanted to configure it on an icard. Really shoddy and a pain to configure so far, please help me

ujjwal_22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, thanks everyone for their inputs, but unfortunately i have been conveyed by reliance that they haven't reached out to retail customer as yet. I still have taken a prepaid card and my Ipad says reliance 3G but it doesnt connect. I recharged it with rs 99 unlimited data on EDGE but even that doesnt seem to work with APN as " rcomwap"

Kindly help if you guys think that i should use APN - "smartnet" for 3G if it is available for retail at all..

Thanks.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, thanks everyone for their inputs, but unfortunately i have been conveyed by reliance that they haven't reached out to retail customer as yet. I still have taken a prepaid card and my Ipad says reliance 3G but it doesnt connect. I recharged it with rs 99 unlimited data on EDGE but even that doesnt seem to work with APN as " rcomwap"

Kindly help if you guys think that i should use APN - "smartnet" for 3G if it is available for retail at all..

Thanks.
The problem is that in every country for every Cellular provider it is a different story.
I assume the same goes for your country - India.
Even in my country (Israel) we have 3 providers - with every one there is another setup.
You will need the providers general user name an password . it is public but your dialer (or what ever it is being called in 3G) need it to setup the initial connection

vispydoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks.
Ok good news. I just got my Reliance 3G to work. The APN is RCOMNET. Important: Reboot after entering this. But the speeds vary between 1.2 and 2.6 Mbps. When contacted, they said that's because the towers are still being set up and the speeds will increase to the promised 5. I used their 3G dongle in another location on my Air and the speed was above 5.

sidmehta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange

Vispy, Why does one have to enter in the APN when in India? When I buy a SIM card abroad e.g. Vodafone in UK the data and the voice start immediately in my iPhone. I do have to select the packages I want though.

As for the Reliance SIM, I bought one, got it cut to size at Heera Panna, have entered RCOMNET as the APN... but apparently one needs to get it recharged on the data plan, which no recharge-wala knows how to do? Help! Am I missing something here?

Sid

Most reactions

Latest posts