What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speech to text

joshmcd248

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully this is in the right section if not i apologize. My girlfriend is almost deaf but is still in college and we are trying to find an app that does real-time speech to text. Are there any good apps for this? We have the dragon dictation app but it doesn't seem do the real time like we would like.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with the speech to text apps is that they send the recorded speech to a remote server, where it's converted to text and sent back to your device. This means there will be a short delay until the text appears on your device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Google voice search does a kind of real-time-ish thing. The words you speak appear while speaking, but do a lot of blinking and updating. Problem is, on the iPad you are limited to using this in search; either using the Google Search app or Chrome.

OP
J

joshmcd248

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! The dragon dictation ended up working well for her in class and is simple to use so e will just stick with that for now I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts