What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can I delete all spam without checking one at a time?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're asking about spam in the email client app, there is no way to delete groups of messages whether it's spam or any other category. You'll have to control spam with whatever tools your email provider has available.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the email app built in for my emails but i also have a problem with deleting spam..

I use the web app for gmail. From there you can select all and delete.

Give us some more info to work with please

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
I use the email app built in for my emails but i also have a problem with deleting spam..

I use the web app for gmail. From there you can select all and delete.

Give us some more info to work with please

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

I am using Gmail. What is that App called,and where can I get it?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of options for you. Go to Gmail on the web (preferably on your computer in case your iPad browser is problematic). Use the tools gmail provides to filter spam from there. And if that is insufficient for you, do a search for emails with particular content or from particular senders. Then select emails in the result set you receive and delete them en masse. You cannot do this from the iPad.

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have the same issue with my Yahoo account and Gmail. I personally don't like using any of the email or forum Apps available for download in the market place.

When using those type of apps you give up control.

Like the above posters have already said just go directly to the apps website and click the black arrow at the top and click on save to home page.

One would think we should be at least to click on a spam button. You can do this when you go directly to the app on the web.

Download another browser like the free "Dolphin" browser in the market place as the Safari browser can be to restrictive at times when you are trying to go directly to some websites on the iPad. Like from the Safari browser you can't go directly to a site like NYPost.com without paying for the app plus a monthly subscription fee. But you can go directly to NYpost.com from any other free browser that you can download from the Marketplace!

Gellchom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One spammer still gets through, but only to iPad

I have been getting lots of spam on my ipad 2 from a gambling site. This is mail from my office account, for which we use Outlook. What's strange is that on my laptop, the filter has caught it and sent it directly to the Junk file. But it still comes through on the iPad. I added another filter in the outlook account on the laptop specifically to filter out all emails from that sender. But I am still getting them on the iPad. Is there anything I can do?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been getting lots of spam on my ipad 2 from a gambling site. This is mail from my office account, for which we use Outlook. What's strange is that on my laptop, the filter has caught it and sent it directly to the Junk file. But it still comes through on the iPad. I added another filter in the outlook account on the laptop specifically to filter out all emails from that sender. But I am still getting them on the iPad. Is there anything I can do?

I suspect that what is going on is that the email client on the iPad is getting the email before it is filtered on your Outlook client. The most direct solution is to get your email server (at your office) to toss the offending spam before it ever reaches either of your email clients. If that is not possible, you may be able to re-order the rules in your Outlook client to delete the spam before it is picked up by your iPad email client. But I suspect that you have the email client on the iPad set up as an exchange client (i.e. it doesn't "forward" the email) and that may be impossible.

If so, one option is to forward your email to another server, e.g. gmail, and exclude forwarding of the offending spam or set up a filter on gmail to toss it. Then you could access the gmail account rather than your outlook account from your iPad.

Note that the first option is the best. You don't say how sophisticated your "work" email (server) management is, but that's where the spam filtering should be taking place.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
A couple of options for you. Go to Gmail on the web (preferably on your computer in case your iPad browser is problematic). Use the tools gmail provides to filter spam from there. And if that is insufficient for you, do a search for emails with particular content or from particular senders. Then select emails in the result set you receive and delete them en masse. You cannot do this from the iPad.

I did what you suggested on my PC and now all spam will be deleted in 30 days. How does this relate to my iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts