What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some iPad 2 Users are Reporting Problems with FaceTime Freezing

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad2-face-time-video.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that some iPad 2 users are complaining that their iPad 2 is freezing during video chats on FaceTime, forcing them to restart their iPad in order to resume their chat. AppleInsider points to a thread on Apple’s support forums where users describe how the picture from the front-facing camera on the iPad 2 crashes.

“When I opened up FaceTime the first time, the camera was working fine, but now whenever I open it up, it just shows a still image from when I left,†AppleInsider quotes user CRK The Man, who goes on to ask, “How can I fix it?â€

For many users posting about the problem, the freeze has been corrected simply by re-starting their iPad 2, but others have had to perform a software restore. One user said that FaceTime freezes two or three times more after an initial restart. Another user posted that a Verizon store manager in New York City had told them that the FaceTime freezing issue has been happening with “a lot†of the demo units that customers can play with in the store. Maybe this is something that Apple will be looking to fix in the rumoured iOS 4.3.1 update?

Source: AppleInsider | Users report freezing issues with FaceTime on Apple's iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts