What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some basic questions from a non-iPad user

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm quite interested in the release of the new iPad2 and I'm hoping someone can answer the following.

I use Google calendars quite a lot, and have a shared calendar as well as my personal one. Can I edit the shared calendar from within the calendar application, or just using safari?

I use tethering from my Android phone quite a bit for when I'm away for work instead of my 3g dongle. I'm assuming there is nothing unusual about the iPad's wireless connectivity that will prevent me from doing so? I'm seeing this as a way to avoid buying the 3G one!

As a paid photographer in my spare time, I'd look to use the ipad as a mobile portfolio. I appreciate there isn't the retina display on the model but has anyone else on here use the old model for this (I'm presuming the display resolution is the same)?

I'm honestly torn between this and the newest Samsung 10.1 android tablet. I'm not an evangelist of either platform, I don't want to get into a android v apple argument!

Lastly :D should I even bother going to the apple store after work tomorrow if I do decide on one (it's in the same town as I work - MK) - are people going to mad and camp out for it?!

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Yes you can use Google calendar, once you set-up email you can also sync Calendar, you dont have to use Safari if you dont want too
2. Yes you can tether your Android phone. I do it and it works great!
3. I cannot answer the photography question

I also hold no alliances to any product, your best bet is to call before you head out any where. If its pasted 8am your luck at an Apple store is minimum. But for places like Target and Best Buy Ive personally seem them in stock well into the afternoon and late evenings. So its pretty much, luck, timing and more luck!

FrogVomit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of photographers use the iPad as a mobile portfolio. It looks great. Note that for 4:3 aspect ratio pictures, the Samsung has effectively an 8.3-inch screen diagonal, so pictures will be considerably smaller.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The resolution is the same...The screen itself is identical i think....The Galaxy 10.1 won't be out till june...I did have the 7 inch galaxy tab for a month and can tell you the screen was better...colors had more pop,brighter, higher res .I'm pretty sure the 10.1 will have the same type of enhanced lcd...Wish it was super amoled but oh well...The reason i returned my galaxy tab was laggy web browsing and laggy page scrolling...I noticed on the xoom scrolling lags too..I own a ipad 1 and plan on purchasing ipad 2 as soon as i can find one...I will also be buying the 10.1...I really hope they got that web browsing fixed because love samsung screens...With that said ipad has a really good screen compared to everything else including xoom.

Most reactions

Latest posts