What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solitaire coincidence?

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing the solitaire game that comes with the ipad (klondike 3). When I turn the three cards over, the top card is invairably red. Since I noticed this I've checked. In six games, only 5 cards were black. How can this be? Has anyone else sxperienced this?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didnt know the iPad came with Solitare. I have two and both bought at different times and neither had it preinstalled...

OP
D

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmm.. I don't remember downloading it, but there are more and more things I don't remember.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's ok, I actually had to pull up the manual last night to set my watch! I am a man, I'm not supposed to do that!!! :D

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The solitaire I use I DLed from the app store. Normally I only win maybe 3out of 10 on the solitares on my pc or android phones. This one I have won 8 out of 10. I like this app

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmm.. I don't remember downloading it, but there are more and more things I don't remember.

I am pretty sure you did d/l it. If you want to know for sure, press and hold the icon until it starts to shake. If the solitaire has an X and you can delete it, it was not installed by Apple. You can't delete any of the preinstalled Apple programs (unfortunately). My bet is you can delete it, and it is a third party app.

OP
D

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're right, folks, it wiggles so I guess it's a download. It's Solitaire Ace by Totally Wicked. It still seems to produce almost nothing but red cards though.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a free app today - 700 Solitaire Games for iPad that I believe is the same developer of SM Pro (a Palm solitaire game).. More solitaire games than you would ever want to play, and the Palm one was extremely well done. Don't know much about this one, but give it a try - can't be worse than the one you have.

My favorite Solitaire apps for iPad are - Solitaire City (deluxe), Mondo Solitaire, Card Shark Solitare, and Astraware Solitaire

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a free app today - 700 Solitaire Games for iPad that I believe is the same developer of SM Pro (a Palm solitaire game).. More solitaire games than you would ever want to play, and the Palm one was extremely well done. Don't know much about this one, but give it a try - can't be worse than the one you have.

My favorite Solitaire apps for iPad are - Solitaire City (deluxe), Mondo Solitaire, Card Shark Solitare, and Astraware Solitaire

Thanks for the heads-up! I downloaded the 700 Solitaire Games app and it is very nice indeed. It has several games I had not yet found on the iPad.

Most reactions