What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold I-Pad 2-Procedure For New Owner ??

gapman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sld my I-Pad 2 to a friend(Got I-Pad 3 myself). Now, I need to rell him what to do:

1. I erased all data from my I-Pad 2-hit reset on menu(had it regiistered in my name and device data on I-Tune Stor).
2. What should my friend now do ?

-Connect my old I-Pad 2 to his USB and let it synch up with I-Tunes store ?
-Then does he select "new account(user) and then just proceed registering it it to himself and then downloading OS 5.1 and basic Apps ?
-Will it recognize my old IPad 2 as ME and stop the process ? Or even worse, start to download ALL MY OLD APPS and DATA ?

I want hi him to have an easy experience getting started with my old device(actually like new-only 6 months old0.-
Please advise as to steps he should follow.

Thanks a lot.

OP
G

gapman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Added Q: Do I "de-register" my sold I-Pad 2 feom the I-Tunes site before giving it to my friend(in addition to resetting it and erasing all data on it) ?

Most reactions

Latest posts