What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solar power for iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scapanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an original iPad and am traveling to a place with no mains electric. Does anyone have advice on solar power charging of the iPad battery. I can find expensive solutions using solar collectors and an intermediate/supplementary battery that then charges the iPad. This is an expensive workaround option, does anyone know of kit that will solar charge the iPad battery direct. There will be plenty of sun, except at night!

Yeng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People are no strangers to solar chargers, or using them for their gadgets and homes. The iPad boasts impressive batteries that will last 10 hours between charges. However, if you are often traveling, camping, or enjoying areas that have a severe lack of electrical outlets, or you just want to stay off the grid, then a solar energy charger is going to be essential. It may not be as fast as a wall socket, but it’s green environmentally friendly. As I think we can all agree, solar charger are just cool.

Last edited:

GonzaloOling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an original iPad and am traveling to a place with no mains electric. Does anyone have advice on solar power charging of the iPad battery. I can find expensive solutions using solar collectors and an intermediate/supplementary battery that then charges the iPad. This is an expensive workaround option, does anyone know of kit that will solar charge the iPad battery direct. There will be plenty of sun, except at night!
Solar energy chargers have got very popular in recent times..Even I have got one for my trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts