What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So which is it? iPad 3 or New iPad?

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which do you think will catch on? The "iPad 3" or "New iPad"?

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to keep calling it iPad 3. Average person will get what I'm referring to than "new iPad"

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
IPad third gen

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Precisely, third generation apple iPad. We don't call it the MacBook pro, and MacBook pro 2, when there is an update/refresh. Neither do we refer to the iPod as and iPod 2 or iPod 4. Apple is attempting to turn the iPad into a device that is refreshed every year, but like their macs or iPods shall not be named or referred to by number (hopefully). Despite this time it being named the "new iPad" it is doubtful that they'd go for "newer iPad" nor skip iPad 3 altogether and call the next one "iPad 4". My prediction is that they will refer to the next iPad as just " iPad" (fourth generation). Because if you'd notice, behind every iPad (whether it's the original, iPad 2, or the new iPad) the logo is simply "iPad".

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2012 iPad or 3rd Gen iPad. Note, there is a 2010 iPad (1st Gen), 2011 iPad (2nd Gen) and now the 2012 iPad (3rd Gen).

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or "a rose by any other name smells as sweet"

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Most reactions

Latest posts