What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So - what do you have on your ipad?

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In terms of movies, tv episodes, apps, music etc....

I have all Amy winehouse albums I ripped, some aloe blacc, adele, the specials, dinah Washington, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, the crystals .... A lot of jazz soul music. Then all the latest charts too.

Haven't got any books yet (just bought a new book at airport without thinking I could get it on my iPad..duh),

Haven't got any movies or tv series yet but tomorrow I'm going t learn to rip DVDs and put on my king of queens and sex and the city series cos they are tv programmes I never bore of and will always watch no matter how many times ive seen them...thought that would be a good idea. Might put on the golden girls too lol

Not sure what movies to put on as I'm not going anywhere so don't really plan on watching any, though I might find myself in a situation where I've a lot of free time ... So might put on some movies just incase....comedies, dramas and horror....maybe one of each for now...

The apps I use most include this forum, sketchbookx, note plus, skillz, stumble upon, bloomberg, email, calendar, read it later, skygo, mail online, movies by flixster, evermore, twitter, road trip.... Looking to maybe get iworks

I'm so nosey and would love to know what you all have. (also means I might discover an app or something that I haven't came across that I might love)

-

iCan

:)

P.s. Sorry if I have duplicated a thread :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sgregg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a streamer, nothin stored here.... Hulu plus, netflix and pandora for AV media
Kindle, nook, google and overdrive for books

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad about Amy Winehouse - what a talent lost. . . . .

I'm working on getting all of Iron & Wine collection. Use Pandora every day. Netflix I use almost daily to watch old ally McNeal episodes ( I know , really lame, but the music is quite good). I use print n share and QuickOffice Pro HD every day, dropbox and Slate, BostonGlobe.com. The Facebook app is awful and just use Safari for that. Upad for notes. Weather Channel in case I need the umbrella ( I walk to work). and I use 'light my way' on my iPhone when walking home after dark - which has already started ;(

And of course iPad forum!

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PoetDoc said:
Too bad about Amy Winehouse - what a talent lost. . . . .

I'm working on getting all of Iron & Wine collection. Use Pandora every day. Netflix I use almost daily to watch old ally McNeal episodes ( I know , really lame, but the music is quite good). I use print n share and QuickOffice Pro HD every day, dropbox and Slate, BostonGlobe.com. The Facebook app is awful and just use Safari for that. Upad for notes. Weather Channel in case I need the umbrella ( I walk to work). and I use 'light my way' on my iPhone when walking home after dark - which has already started ;(

And of course iPad forum!

Yeh she was such a talent, love her music...

I can't get netflix here :( really would like it.

Is quick office pro hd a good app to edit office documents....can you create office documents with it..... I'm gonna need one very soon for going back to uni as my laptop is broke and need something to type up lab reports etc....I was looking into pages....I'm trying to get the one that integrates best with office on the pc

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QO Pro seems to play well with MS Office. My laptop is a PC with Windows Vista and all of the MS Office stuff. The iPad app does not have all of the capabilities of the full laptop program but you can create Word and Excel documents easily. It also interfaces with Dropbox really well, which is where I store most of my docs. I went the QO Pro route because the docs I use all the time are MS Office. If you are moving to a Mac, Pages and Numbers might be a better choice.

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PoetDoc said:
QO Pro seems to play well with MS Office. My laptop is a PC with Windows Vista and all of the MS Office stuff. The iPad app does not have all of the capabilities of the full laptop program but you can create Word and Excel documents easily. It also interfaces with Dropbox really well, which is where I store most of my docs. I went the QO Pro route because the docs I use all the time are MS Office. If you are moving to a Mac, Pages and Numbers might be a better choice.

Thanks....gives me something to think about ....

I'm hoping to move to a mac but it might not be until after Christmas so QO seems like a good choice for now. Read a bit about it after reading your post and seems like it should do what I need

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have about 20 or so apps, 4 books, no music and lots of photos.

That's it.:)

I see you have 64GB .... You planning on adding anymore stuff? I imagine yo have tonnes of space :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about the same mix of stuff on my iPad 1 and 2:

64GB each -- about half of that in music; loads of books; about a half-dozen movies; a few hundred photos; about a hundred apps.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have six movies, going to New York and Vegas next month, so they'll be for the plane, just a couple of songs, I snitch hubby's iPod if I want to listen to music. I did have over 200 books until my daughter synced my iPad and they all disappeared, only have a few now until I get the time to get them back, mainly classics.

Other apps I use IPF for this forum, Email, Splashtop, Goodreader, Buzz player, Atomic web browser, appshopper, Office2 HD, flipboard, Notes Plus, Smart Pad, Book Crawler, Inventory Manager. Artrage, Asketch, Procreate, Sketchbook Pro for when I get creative. Games are mostly word games, got hooked on Cat Physics though. Quite a few travel apps for research. The list goes on......

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
140 apps, 35 tv episodes, 2 movies, 15 magazines in PDF, 250 books, couple of hundred photos but hardly any music, as I stick that on my iPhone.

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... got the t-shirt.

Most reactions

Latest posts