What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So now what do we expect with iPad Pro second gen update?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Likely going to buy an iPad Pro to update my iPad Air in the Fall. I've been wondering if it will be worthwhile to wait for the second generation or if its not announced in the Fall, to go with the current iPad Pro. Not that its not very good as is, but expect it will get some of the niceties that iPad Pro 9.7" got---and what else do you think?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are going to wait until Fall anyway you might as well wait the little bit longer to see what new products are announced. Even if you don't get the newest, there is usualy a price drop for the older models.

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. I have seen at least one rumor that the second gen wouldn't be introduced until early 2017 and I don't want to wait that long but hoping it will be introduced in the Fall event. I've already seen several temporary price drops for it and was tempted but know there will be more.

I have a newish Macbook Pro 15" but I use an Ipad 90% of the time. I've found with judicious use of apps, multi tasking I can handle office needs and most everything else except photo processing in Photoshop/Lightroom but there are some outstanding apps that do process RAWs. Also the use of the Astropad app with my Mac and PS/LR for photography is particularly terrific, rivals my big Wacom but allows me to draw on the image. Consequently the big Ipad Pro is a natural for me--I can't wait to do all my copy/paste on the split screen (the Air has the small pullover which I use every day) and photo processing as well as all the other things that a big touch screen will make better.

Most reactions

Latest posts