What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so naive i am.. but pleaaaz help me !

applepicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everybody, so i m in australia since 2 years now, i just bought an ipad2 on ebay (500$) so that' s really stupid i know, and like you're expecting it was a f**** blocked ipad, so it say: the ipad is disable connect to itunes, but nothing is happening, just this message who say: the ipad is locked by a password, please unlock it before... but it's clearly impossible . so do you think i can find any software for this ? thanks guys and have a good day !

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because it is eBay, contact the seller for the password. If that fails, put it a dispute with eBay as goods were not as described (unless their listing stated it was going to be password locked and that they would not supply the password).

If you paid by PayPal you can also lodge a dispute with them to possibly get your money back. Then you could buy a new one from the shops for the same price (or less).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should not need a password to restore the iPad.

Make sure you are running the most recent iTunes on the computer. Plug the iPad in. It should prompt you to Restore or Erase the iPad. If it does not try right clicking the iPad under the Devices in the left column and choosing Restore.

If the iPad is not showing up at all it may be a problem with the USB drivers for Windows, or you may need to enter DFU mode. Try fixing Windows/iTunes first.

For iTunes, I would consider a complete deinstall and reinstall. This should replace any missing bits and pieces. There is more specific info somewhere on the forum, but I don't have a link handy.

You can find the instructions for DFU mode in the sticky posts at the top of the Hackers forum area.

ArtistCece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was also used and password locked I just set the iPad to factory settings and erased everything and started brand new.....it's in the settings menu

Most reactions

Latest posts