What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover disables Lockscreen?

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently got an iPad 2 and I'm thinking about
getting a Smart Cover. But I have a question or two about it.

First, "without turning on a password, will the Smart Cover Disable the lock screen?"

Secondly, "is it worth the price? I mean, I can't think of how many times I've would have liked it to use while typing"

Anywayz, thank you for your time. :)

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it doesn't disable the lock screen, though apparently it did on the original release of iOS 5, but was quickly fixed. I was actually asked the same question just recently and experimented and was unable to reproduce the problem, though I did find a few articles that back up what I'm now saying.

As for the cover itself, I was dubious about it at first, but having it, I use it all the time and and very happy with it. I went for the leather one, but there is the cheaper option too. However, if you're going to be using it day in day out, it might be worth splashing out a bit.

OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much. This answered both of my questions. :D

I will probably be using it daily, but I don't think I'll be getting the leather.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts