What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover Compatible Cases List

OP
J

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated the list to include the XGear Flexible Shield case. It recently popped up on their site, and appears to be another TPU smart cover compatible case.

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belkin Snap Shield from Best Buy stores

I just got the Belkin Snap Shield from Best Buy, Sku 2538172, for $39.99. http://www.belkin.com/uk/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=544455

It has a soft-touch hard case feel, very thin, hardly any bulk added. And even better, adds full protection! For those that don't want to wait, I definitely suggest you call your local Best Buy, and give them the sku 2538172, to see if they have it in stock.

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ebay has a clear plastic case for the ipad that is running between 12-19 dollars with free shipping.

I am gonna give it a try because i tend to like changing cases on my electronics a lot and the clear ones always seem to get scratched up easily so this might be the better way to go, at for me and my wants/needs.

If interested just type in smart cover case and plenty of options should show up.

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jd78 said:
I updated the list to include the XGear Flexible Shield case. It recently popped up on their site, and appears to be another TPU smart cover compatible case.

Anyone try this case yet?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
J

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a couple days since I last updated the list. The list now includes the SGP Griff and Simplism case.

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally settled for the Belkin snap shield. Good coverage and cut outs for all switches, speaker, jacks, etc... The case feels good like silicone but is a hard cover. Works great with the smart cover dosen't impede in anyway. Also no lip that hugs on top of the screen and quite thin too.

Only drawback is price. But, at least I got to see and feel the case before I bought it at best buy.

Jwin97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ebay has a clear plastic case for the ipad that is running between 12-19 dollars with free shipping.

I bought this case to use with the smart cover while waiting on my Treegloo ( almost 4 weeks now!). Its super cheap, looks pretty good, and does the job.

robertmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if any of these covers are compatible with the standard ipad2 dock? I already have to manipulate the smart cover to get it to go on. I think a back cover would be a bridge too far....

gobluejd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if any of these covers are compatible with the standard ipad2 dock? I already have to manipulate the smart cover to get it to go on. I think a back cover would be a bridge too far....

I ended up returning my cover and got the Feather from Incipio (non-smart) and I can tell you this works with the dock. Since they are identical, but with just the added lip for smart cover (and it is the same product line) I am almost certain it will as well.

maisojiya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an ipad 2 and although am making a sturdy protective case, I want to buy one that is really made for it.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the Belkin snap shield back cover at Target for $29.99. That's $10. less than at Best Buy! Saw them on the same day. It pays to shop sometimes.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish I knew about the Switch Easy before I got my MarWare MicroShell 2. Looks almost identical. Color looks more accurate. I bought a black MarWare but it is more charcoal gray. I like it a lot but the Switch Easy is about $20 cheaper.

lucyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a ipad 2 smart cover mate clear is the best one for apple ipad 2 smart cover, Best back Case for ipad 2 Smart Cover | PRLog I got this one.
11503614-ipad-2-smart-cover-mate.jpg

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Switcheasy clear CoverBuddy today. I think it is the perfect complement for my Navy SmartCover. Quite thin, good back protection and the whole thing still fits in my Targus Hughes brown leather case (Best Buy$30).

Most reactions