What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small dots appearing on my iPad when I have a grey backround

urbanomad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using my IPad 2 for about 6 months and 1 month ago I started to notice small white dots on my screen every time my background was grey (it could be an app or website with a grey backround) and it always appeared. With any other backround color I don't notice these dots.

Has anyone been having the same problem? How did you solve the problem?

P.S. I'm using IOS 5.0.1

Thanks!

Michael

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like a dead pixel. I have two on my iPad 2. Spotted them months ago, and they haven't spread.

You can't fix dead pixels. Apple probably will replace iPads with dead pixels under the one-year warranty, but I haven't bothered.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be helpful to take a screen shot (press power button and home button at the same time and it will save the screen shot to your camera roll) and post it here so folks can see exactly what you are talking about.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be helpful to take a screen shot (press power button and home button at the same time and it will save the screen shot to your camera roll) and post it here so folks can see exactly what you are talking about.

A dead white pixel is hard to see even on the actual iPad. I doubt it will photograph so you can see it. It's easier to see a dead black pixel, and even those can be hard to photograph unless there are a clump of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts