What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sling Player Coming to the iPad

Cmart4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used sling box for years on all my pc's and at work! The iPhone app works great on the iPad as well. Slingbox is really a must-have.

Chris

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my iPad 3G so I can't test the SlingPlayer mobile yet. I put a video below of SlingPlayer mobile on an iPad. I hope they clean the interface a bit. With the extra real estate SlingPlayer should be more like its desktop counterparts and not have things clutter up the interface.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VclxIqvuHlE&playnext_from=TL&videos=jjc8ai7PunA]YouTube - Slingplayer for iPhone running on the iPad[/ame]

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my iPad 3G so I can't test the SlingPlayer mobile yet. I put a video below of SlingPlayer mobile on an iPad. I hope they clean the interface a bit. With the extra real estate SlingPlayer should be more like its desktop counterparts and not have things clutter up the interface.

YouTube - Slingplayer for iPhone running on the iPad

Wifi looks decent on my ipad as well, but has anybody else tried the SlingPlayer while on a 3G connection? Well I can tell you that it DOES NOT work at all, it freezes something terrible making the current SlingPlayer (iPhone) software unusable while utilizing 3G! This Sux! :mad:

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A side from the pixel doubling (which I hate), Slingplayer mobile works fine on my 3G iPad; No freezing or stuttering. I do get a particular good 3G connection. I can get speeds from 1.2 - 3 mg/sec.

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A side from the pixel doubling (which I hate), Slingplayer mobile works fine on my 3G iPad; No freezing or stuttering. I do get a particular good 3G connection. I can get speeds from 1.2 - 3 mg/sec.
Congrats my friend! Does it look almost as good as your WiFi stream?
I'm postive I'm not getting near that kinda speed on my 3G here in the San Francisco Bay area. I am happy however that there is hope for me to someday "sling" on my 3G connection.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The strange thing is I found 3G to be more consistent than my Wifi. I will get freezing on my Wifi. This makes me think that SlingPlayer mobile is going to the web even when I run it locally; I don't ever get freezing with SlingPlayer on my Mac and PC's. My internet provider is TimeWarner and I'm getting a lot of packet loss, so despite the faster speeds I get on speedtest.net the internet via my WiFi is terrible.

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about an iPad version of the slingplayer yet?
Seems the iPhone4 got a brand new version with enhanced resolution, and controls that was released today.

Most reactions