What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skype video call, not?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can i make a video call on Skype when on ipad? When I open the app, there is no option to make a video call! I can make one np using my pc but seems a different interface on ipad? This is weird 'cos my brother who has an older ipad can do this!
(ipad4, IOS7)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have the people you added to your directory agreed to accept you as a contact for Skype? If they don't accept, you can make audio calls to them but can't make video calls.

Last edited:
OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I didnt realise you had to pay to use skype on ipad! thanks, Ill just stick to using my PC then as its free!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I didnt realise you had to pay to use skype on ipad! thanks, Ill just stick to using my PC then as its free!
Skype only costs money to use if you're calling people at their mobile of landline phone numbers or want to send SMS messages to them. If you call other Skype members it costs nothing at all. Check my previous post, I've edited it to provide more information.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
??, yes, that what Im trying to do! My brother has skype & I often video call him in Thailand using my pc - no probs! However Ive just tried to video call him using ipad & I have no option to make a video call, only an audio call! I have gone to settings , privacy as others have suggested but I have no option there for skype! So there is no way i can enable video as far as I can see!

Most reactions

Latest posts