What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri privacy?

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi,
Pardon this intrusion, Is it true, about what Frank Zappa sang about France.
That the coffee eats right through the cup, and that there are diseases that can turn your Peter green?

Because I've never had the opportunity to visit their fine country myself.
But I'm sure it must be rather pleasant in the springtime.

Chas

Who is Frank Zappa?

Their coffee tastes like coffee and France is pleasant whenever you can afford it:)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
Who is Frank Zappa?

Their coffee tastes like coffee and France is pleasant whenever you can afford it:)

+1. I've been all over France, and I love the place. Highlights for me were Carcassonne, Sarlat, Paris (of course), St Dénis (the Basilique is awesome), the Alps and Pyrenees, free wine in truckstops and miles of empty roads.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even French vending machine coffee tastes better than some American coffee, lol.

Wine for truckers, Kevin? Yikes.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Even French vending machine coffee tastes better than some American coffee, lol.

Wine for truckers, Kevin? Yikes.

Yup!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
+1. I've been all over France, and I love the place. Highlights for me were Carcassonne, Sarlat, Paris (of course), St Dénis (the Basilique is awesome), the Alps and Pyrenees, free wine in truckstops and miles of empty roads.

Kevin, I'm sure you've never had free wine in a truckstop in Canada. Maybe they could use the French truckstops as an example?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not so sure the wine would be that smart an idea, but the food took some beating in the French ones.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Not so sure the wine would be that smart an idea, but the food took some beating in the French ones.

Probably not.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Kevin, I'm sure you've never had free wine in a truckstop in Canada. Maybe they could use the French truckstops as an example?

Just got to drive through the Okanogan in BC during the fruit picking season. Plenty of roadside attractions...

Chas

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

If you join the French Foreign Legion, you get wine with lunch and dinner!
We may be a little off subject, on the other hand, Siri parle français n'est-ce pas?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
If you join the French Foreign Legion, you get wine with lunch and dinner!
We may be a little off subject, on the other hand, Siri parle français n'est-ce pas?

Je ne sais pas.

But yes, you are right, this thread is about Siri, so we'd better get it back on track. Please (pot calling kettle black here) use our other threads to pursue non-Siri related conversations, so that this one can return to it's intended purpose.

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

As to empty roads, stay away from Marseilles. It is the 3rd most congested city in Europe after Istanbul, Turkey and Warsaw, Poland.
Other than that and the corrupt police and high murder rate in the northern part of the city, it's an exciting place…almost like home…

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Je ne sais pas.

But yes, you are right, this thread is about Siri, so we'd better get it back on track. Please (pot calling kettle black here) use our other threads to pursue non-Siri related conversations, so that this one can return to it's intended purpose.

Back on track! Since I started this thread, I'm now a rehabilitated user who has shed all inhibitions regarding the Privacy issue.
Have a great Sunday viewers!

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Back on track! Since I started this thread, I'm now a rehabilitated user who has shed all inhibitions regarding the Privacy issue.
Have a great Sunday viewers!

Caved in to the pressure, eh? :)

Personally, as a dinosaur, I don't use Google's voice search on my android devices or Siri on my iPad. I genuinely consider both services to be gimmicky & pretty useless - it's much more straightforward just to do a simple Google search, IMO. But each to their own. :)

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
janner43 said:
Caved in to the pressure, eh? :)

Personally, as a dinosaur, I don't use Google's voice search on my android devices or Siri on my iPad. I genuinely consider both services to be gimmicky & pretty useless - it's much more straightforward just to do a simple Google search, IMO. But each to their own. :)

What can I say, if you can't beat them, join them:)
Well, I too Google more often than using Siri and yes, it's gimmicky and sold millions of iPhones, because we're surrounded by
Gimmicks starting at the highest levels and being eaten up by the young and not so young.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts