What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri comfirmed for new iPad

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it will be added later mike in a later beta. I will be curious to see how Siri works in Australia what beta version are you using

For our users. Mike is an iOS developer hence is why he has access to the new iOS 6

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You just may...to see what the android platform offers for their customers. Many of us have used the android platform for a while and know that there are some differences to both. You can only choose which platform works best for you...or maybe do what I do and use both at the same time. For me, I have used an android phone for 4 years now and see the benefits of having an iPhone. That's a personal preference, but can only say that based on 4 years of use.

I love my iPhone mate although I am quite a technical person. I think android does lots of different stuff and is very customisable where as the iPhone is basic and idiot proof. I don't really care for customising my phone too much so I'm happy with the iPhone. Apple seem to give the customer what need but nothing to new. Siri is not that great in my opinion. What annoys me most is that apple shout to the rooftops and big up their new stuff where as android have voice controls and so on but don't even mention them in ads. They don't feel the need to ram it down our throats.

I'm just annoyed that apple doesn't give us more stuff. They hold it back when it's already out on other phones and then release it later claiming they practically invented it.

Sent from my iPad 3

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
I love my iPhone mate although I am quite a technical person. I think android does lots of different stuff and is very customisable where as the iPhone is basic and idiot proof. I don't really care for customising my phone too much so I'm happy with the iPhone. Apple seem to give the customer what need but nothing to new. Siri is not that great in my opinion. What annoys me most is that apple shout to the rooftops and big up their new stuff where as android have voice controls and so on but don't even mention them in ads. They don't feel the need to ram it down our throats.

I'm just annoyed that apple doesn't give us more stuff. They hold it back when it's already out on other phones and then release it later claiming they practically invented it.

Sent from my iPad 3

I'm quite interested to effectively test drive siri. After 4ish years of android I'm tempted to jump ship completely over to the iPhone as well. Personally very fed up of how much just isn't working on ICS. Everyone's different but I have been impressed with dictation so far (compared with shouting at my sammy G2 lol).

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is Siri only going to work in the "new" iPad or will it work with the iPad 2.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PatS said:
Is Siri only going to work in the "new" iPad or will it work with the iPad 2.

When iOs 6 is introduced,Siri will not work with the iPad 2,only with the iPhone 4s,iPad 3 and the rumoured new iPad due out this fall.

Last edited:

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere it's going to work on the ipad2?

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are limitations with the speaker system (from wht I gather) which makes it difficult to have Siri work right.

Liptonese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are limitations with the speaker system (from wht I gather) which makes it difficult to have Siri work right.

Thanks for clearing that up Seadog. I was a little confused on why Siri wouldn't work for certain devices once updated to iOS6, but it makes sense if the hardware is too different.

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has officially declared that it will launch new iPad with the Siri as a part of iOS 6. Apple also declared that iOS 6 will allow new features for the Siri that involves capacity to give sport score and schedules.

BigPhillyDaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny Answers?

Hey its time to vote on which funny answers we want to see in Siri. Right?

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

LT.MAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really is about time. I don't understand why they never had it out on the new iPad to begin with.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LT.MAS said:
It really is about time. I don't understand why they never had it out on the new iPad to begin with.

When first introduced, Siri was exclusive to the iPhone 4s and used as a marketing tool to help increase sales.

Most reactions

Latest posts