What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver surfer newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Betti and welcome to the Forum!

When a reply comes in to a thread you have posted in you will see the notification on the Subscribed tab. Just press this and the thread will be highlighted on the right, just so you know which thread to select.

I noticed you had trouble with the Send tab also....I'm afraid our app has been acting up lately also....if the Send tab is not working just press your Return tab on your keyboard and you will then see the Send tab light up.

Hope his helps you....enjoy!

I knew someone had told me how to get the send key back, but forgot what to do.lol glad I found ur post again.

Don't think I have seen any notifications on Subscribed tab tho. Or just how many replies, but not able to read them
Will check again, but might not be able to get back to this on!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
I knew someone had told me how to get the send key back, but forgot what to do.lol glad I found ur post again.

Don't think I have seen any notifications on Subscribed tab tho. Or just how many replies, but not able to read them
Will check again, but might not be able to get back to this on!

You should have gotten a notification on your subscribed tab for my last post I posted here, you will also get one for this post also. Have a look in your subscribed tab, do you have threads there? If you are in a thread that you would like to follow or save, just press the tab top right, the arrow thingy, and you will get some options, one of which is Subscribe to this thread, select that and you will then be asked if you would like an email notification.

Pressing on my Avatar will show you my profile and you can see all the posts I have made, you can also send a PM (private message) to me......everyone here has the same thing when accessed through their profile.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I pressed the arrow only got reply andUnsubsribe, not subscribe to this thread

Also when I tapped the avatar didnt get ur profile or PM. Am in subscribed now but don't see notifications, just the tab with a number.

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
When I pressed the arrow only got reply andUnsubsribe, not subscribe to this thread

Also when I tapped the avatar didnt get ur profile or PM. Am in subscribed now but don't see notifications, just the tab with a number.

Hi Betti.....

The reason you got 'unsubscribe' is because you are already subscribed to this thread already......so now you have learnt how to unsubscribe. ;)

This is strange.....you should get my profile when you tap my avatar regardless if in the app or on the website. Are you sure you're tapping the Avatar (picture) and not my name? Have another go and it should work.

Did you notice a notification for my post? I'll include a couple of photos so you know...the first one will show a notification in red above my subscribed tab....the next one is when I tap my subscribed tab and can see all my threads....you will notice the number at the end of a thread is lit up and colored. This signifies that there are new posts in this thread that you haven't seen as yet.

Hope this makes it clearer for you.

oh, I did see your other post too ;)

image-2300796402.jpg

image-1376943641.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will show you the easiest way to change your avatar. Do you already have a photo in your camera roll which you would like to use as your avatar? If not go take a photo of something you like. You can also download avatars from the net, just google avatars and you'll find a lot of listings, when you find one you like just long press it and you will get an option to Save Image or Save to camera roll.

Now go to the Profile tab, you will see it along the bottom, same place the Subscribed tab is. Now press on your avatar and you will get an option box, From camera or From Library I think it says. Press Library and it will take you to your camera roll, select a photo and it will upload, now press the tab top right 'Use'

That's it! Easy peesy!

image-71923878.jpg

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Notification

But if I'm not in subscribed thread, as now, how can I see the notification?
And now, there are no links at bottom to bring it up. How can I bring them up. Do I have to start over from app?
Now how would I get to see the reply to this post?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
And now, there are no links at bottom to bring it up. How can I bring them up. Do I have to start over from app?

Where are you viewing from? The website or the App?

If you are on the site, just press Quick Links and you will see Subscribed Threads here.

image-1138857357.jpg

You will still get a notification on the app for the post I'm doing now.....are you seeing the little red number above your subscribed tab?

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where are you viewing from? The website or the App?

If you are on the site, just press Quick Links and you will see Subscribed Threads here.

View attachment 29785

You will still get a notification on the app for the post I'm doing now.....are you seeing the little red number above your subscribed tab?
Yes, see the littl red number, but can only get there with app. Don't see any quick links here

Also couldn't send this before with quick reply..said message was too short? So, I should use reply or Reply with Quote?:thumbsdown:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Yes, see the littl red number, but can only get there with app. Don't see any quick links here

Also couldn't send this before with quick reply..said message was too short? So, I should use reply or Reply with Quote?:thumbsdown:

Quick Links is only on the site.

You need to have at least 3 letters or numerals to send otherwise it will be too short....but I'm thinking this is part of that glitch I was telling you about....just hit your return tab first before posting.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just joined but don't know how to bring up my posts. Would like to see if I got any replies

Still trying to find replies, usually go to subscribed, but went to silver surfer thread. See my post but no replies. How do I find them? No send arrow here
Still don't see a reply here in subscribed thread. Just my own post

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Still don't see a reply here in subscribed thread. Just my own post

Hi Betti, you will only get a notification in your subscribed tab if someone does reply. What replies are you expecting to see?
Have you asked a question in another thread and are waiting for a reply?

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi Betti, you will only get a notification in your subscribed tab if someone does reply. What replies are you expecting to see?
Have you asked a question in another thread and are waiting for a reply?

Just meant that when Subscribed threads shows there is a reply,how do u READ what it actually says? Mostly just go to subscribed threads. I did see this whole message of yours but not always get a specific answer

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Just meant that when Subscribed threads shows there is a reply,how do u READ what it actually says? Mostly just go to subscribed threads. I did see this whole message of yours but not always get a specific answer

When you get a reply yes just go to your subscribed threads. Some replies just take time for a specific question....we are a world wide Forum, which means we are in different time zones and we just need to wait and see.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Just came here thru my bookmarks and can't get past this page, don't see subscriptions or notifications to tap

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Just came here thru my bookmarks and can't get past this page, don't see subscriptions or notifications to tap

Every time you answer a thread it will be automatically added to your subscriptions. Notifications are things like PMs and "Likes" received.

Oh, sorry! Didn't realize this is an ongoing conversation. Ignore me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts