What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I stop worry and jail break my iPad ?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all , i hv bad experience when I jail break my iPhone. I get some viru attack. That it my iPhone keep display " this charging device does not support this accessory "

My ipad is ver 3.2.1 does any one know when I can start to jail break ? If I jail break my iPad will same problem occur ?

Paul

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do it and don't download apps that could be dangerous! Read cydia reviews before installing!

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for yr advise . I will do it when it ready. Will install Papago after jailbreak.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the last few day since I got my my iPad from Singapore ( just launch in Singapore ) I took part in this forum. I have post about 10 questions. Like to points out that this question is the most view. Even though only 2 reply. So I conclude 1 thing is many want to jail break to make full use of iPad. And thank many of you here help me clear a lot of my doubt.

I notice some post are very interesting. Not sure it this forum set up by apple. Even is set up by apple, I think apple only put one staff in manage the site. Hope my guess is correct.

Paul

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what he mean is just like AID, must take protection measurement , and should not any how download program. Only download those ,, program " you know .

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to jailbreak - cool - go for it. Just remember that there could be problems / crashes / issues. As long as you've got your ipad backed up you'll probably be OK.

I remember listening to a couple of iPad podcasts - and the hosts had iPads that were crashing / not starting up - and they said on mike that it was due to the iPads being jail-broken. That's OK - that's what we do - that's how we try programs and use cases that don't exist. Just remember that if you jailbreak - you may have a crash and may have to wipe the sucker clean and start over. If you rely on your iPad for work - require no failures - perhaps traveling on business - you may want to think whether or not to jailbreak. You may want to jail-break while home and then reset to standard before leaving on your business trip.

It's not about whether jail breaking is good or bad -- just appropriate or inappropriate depending on your individual circumstances and technical expertise.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi David , can you pls share with me how to do it , jail break at home and travelling don't jail break . that is interesting . as now my wife HP i help her by ask my friend to help to jail break , when she travel to oversea , the HP once switch off now need PC to connect to black ray to get start again.

My question is how for my ipad , now i not yet jail break , i have back up the data in itune. so once i jail break , i will back up to another file it is ?

can you pls share with me , so that i can have the best of botyh world.

Paul

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi David , can you pls share with me how to do it , jail break at home and travelling don't jail break . that is interesting . as now my wife HP i help her by ask my friend to help to jail break , when she travel to oversea , the HP once switch off now need PC to connect to black ray to get start again.

My question is how for my ipad , now i not yet jail break , i have back up the data in itune. so once i jail break , i will back up to another file it is ?

can you pls share with me , so that i can have the best of botyh world.

Paul

Hi Paul!

On the front page of the forum there's a section called "iPad Hacking" or something like that. That's the best place to go. There's a sticky near the top that explains the ABC's of jail breaking.

I haven't jail broken my iPad since the latest changes to the OS have been made so I'm not sure if the same processes work - but I think they do.

Good Luck
Dave

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir , thank you for your info. By the way just JB mine iPad few hour ago. And it work fine.

Paul

Most reactions