What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I buy protection plan

joan237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning on buying an IPAD in the next few days. I am going to go to the local retail apple store.
Here are my questions:
Should I buy the protection plan with it or not?
Will it have the latest software on it or can I ask them to upload that for me.
Anything else I should know.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The protectionplan Is a great thing to have "IF" u will be needing It.
If the money not Is an issue, get It.

I dunno about the firmware preinstalled in a new one, i myself had mine 3G since the US release day 1 and my friend In sweden bought his yesterday new in box In a store aproved by apple to sell iPad's and damn It, It had 3.2.2 that Is a super great thing, u can always upgrade verry easy yourself through iTunes, but u can not downgrade with eaz If u have 4.2.1 preinstalled. The iPad has just been released here in Sweden couple weeks ago, but still 3.2.2. Know people that rather nuy a used one with an old firmware then a new with 4.2.1.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a problem with my first iPad. The volume rocker had an issue, either up or down, I forget.

I called Support and they were happy to send me out another one. Just as soon as they received my original! Now most companies will put a credit card on hold as security. Not Apple.

They told me they could do that if I bought their support plan. So I did. And I received my replacement iPad next day.

Kind of blackmail if you ask me.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since this was a new product for me and I had no idea about it's build quality and my ability to fix it, I bought the two year Best Buy service plan. This is the plan that included coverage if I accidentally drop it, and the Geeksquad service. I believe that if I was not so insured, I would have broken it already! For me the extra expense is worth it. If you live like my best friend lives--he is of the opinion that Apple support as limited as it is, is good enough for him. He also does not believe in screen covers and the Apple case is plenty protection. So far he hasn't experienced any malady.

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experience, anything from Apple is guaranteed. Anything over $500 is well worth buying extended warranty for, especially when they replace it no questions asked, but absolutely make sure you're covered in Canada. In any case you have a year to decide.

Most reactions

Latest posts