What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortcut?

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a LiftMaster garage door opener that I can open and close with an app on my iPhone.
Could anyone here who would kindly walk me through the steps to make a shortcut that I could use to
say Hey Siri “open door” or “close door”

Thank you
Mark

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You’ll need to check out the app to see if it has been updated for Siri Shortcuts, or see if the garage door opener can be used with the Home app.

Either of those will let you do what you want.

If the app has been updated, then after you’ve used it to hopen the door a coiuple of times you should be able to find the shortcut undser Settings > Siri & Search > Suggested Shortcurts (show all if necessary). When you tap the + button at the right it will prompt for the activation phrase.

If you can add your opener to the Home app, then you would create and manage the shortcuts there. Since I don’t use this app (no devices) I don’t know the specifics; but it shouldn’t be hard.

If the devcie/app can’t do one of those, then it is not capable of using the Siri Shortucts. All you can do is bug the manufacturer to up their game.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You’ll need to check out the app to see if it has been updated for Siri Shortcuts, or see if the garage door opener can be used with the Home app.

Either of those will let you do what you want.

If the app has been updated, then after you’ve used it to hopen the door a coiuple of times you should be able to find the shortcut undser Settings > Siri & Search > Suggested Shortcurts (show all if necessary). When you tap the + button at the right it will prompt for the activation phrase.

If you can add your opener to the Home app, then you would create and manage the shortcuts there. Since I don’t use this app (no devices) I don’t know the specifics; but it shouldn’t be hard.

If the devcie/app can’t do one of those, then it is not capable of using the Siri Shortucts. All you can do is bug the manufacturer to up their game.

Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts