What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sue Apple? The new lottery

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An interesting story about lawsuites being filed against Apple:
$14.3M from a man that says Apple is allowing the mafia make death threats through iTunes.
$1M by a woman that accidently got double charged for a $.99 download.
A patent lawsuite against Apple saying that the stripes on the Smart Cover violated his patent for a laptop cover design.
A woman is suing Apple because she didn't notice that a glass wall was not an open door and bopped her nose.
Parents suing because their toddler bought add-ons for a game and they had not installed any parental precautions.
Apple being sued because a man had a bad dream involving an iPhone and Steve Jobs.
Suing because a beta program (Siri) has minor quirks.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost as good as the woman who tripped over her own kid in a store, sued the store and won.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is true. They always say that when you win lottery you will have people coming from miles away to try and get their hand in some of the money. Do you think Apple fights all these suits? I would, then I would counter sue them.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suing these people would do no good. Suing the lawyers might.

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reminds me of a video I watch a few years ago where a guy went to a zoo in south America somewhere and went to a cheetah display and it was just chicken wire pretty much separating the people from the cats, the reporter asked the keeper if he was ever worried about getting sued for people putting their fingers in there and getting bit..... Guy looked at him amd said why the hell would I get sued for stupid people sticking their fingers in a freaking cheetahs face and expecting something good to come from that.
Freaking awesome and so so right

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple isn't the only big company to get sued all the time. Wally world, Microsoft, you name it...if its big it gets sued.

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reminds me of a video I watch a few years ago where a guy went to a zoo in south America somewhere and went to a cheetah display and it was just chicken wire pretty much separating the people from the cats, the reporter asked the keeper if he was ever worried about getting sued for people putting their fingers in there and getting bit..... Guy looked at him amd said why the hell would I get sued for stupid people sticking their fingers in a freaking cheetahs face and expecting something good to come from that.
Freaking awesome and so so right
Problem in USA is that jurors are even more stupid than plaintiffs are, so they award money to complete nimrods.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that there are pockets of the US that are very anti-business. That is normal in any nation, but the law allows lawyers to file lawsuites in any location that the plaintiff does business. So any Wal-Mart, or business that does international sales, can be sued for a jury trial in those areas. IMHO, if you think about that filthy slime left by slugs as they move, lawyers are a level below that.

Most reactions