What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheet music to ForScore conversion

Tom in MN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd) to put sheet music onto for a couple of bands I belong to. I am uncertain as to what the best process is to convert hard copy sheet music to the ForScore app that I've just installed. I realize that there are probably a few ways to accomplish this, so I'm looking for what the majority opinion is.

Thanks in advance for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looking at the app it says it uses PDF files, so anything that can turn your hard copy to PDFs.

For the best results, most flatbed copier/scanners should work. Some of them can be used directly with the iPad using their printer/scanner software. For instance, an HP all-in-one can be used to scan using the appropriate HP Printer app. You can also use your computer/laptop if you have one, then transfer the results to the iPad. There are several methods to do this, but probably the easiest is to use a cloud file service.

For pretty good results you can use a scanning app such as Scanner Pro by Readdle (the one I use), or ScanBot (good reviews). There are several other good ones. It takes a bit more care since you need good lighting and care to make the music lie flat for best results, but it’s cheap, easy, and adequate for most PDF scanning needs.

If find the scanner apps easier to use than a printer, and better than my supper cheap HP (which only has a feed type scanner). They are also easier to use with the iPhone than the iPad. At least for the scanning part. The editing and compiling software is of course easier on the larger screen. Most scanning apps will work on both the iPad and iPhone, and will sync between them.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Tom - welcome to the forum! :)

Although I have a large CD collection, my wife is the musician in the house w/ numerous instruments, both plays and sings. So, I was curious about the app - she is taking ukulele lessons from an NC Schools of the Arts Masters graduate at the moment and might be able to use the app herself.

But just visited their website HERE and downloaded the PDF guide for the latest version of the app (11.1) which I uploaded - there is a section on 'Adding Files' with numerous methods suggested - now, you may have already done all of this but if not then let us know if the guide helps. And please post back your results in case I have to load some files on her Mini? Dave

Attachments

• forScore11-1.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 348

Most reactions