What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up mail on the microsoft exchange on ipad

ANTHONY165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having problems setting up mail for microsoft exchange on the ipad. My mail
is with sbcglobal.net.

the IPAD exchange is asking for Server and i don't know what to put there. I try pop3 but it didn't work.

Does anybody have any suggestions. Thank you for your help.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also came across this:

Enter the following in your email client:
Account Name: This is the name that you give your email account. It won't be seen by anybody else but you, so you can enter your email address, or call it something that differentiates it from any other email accounts if you use more than one account.
Name: This is where you enter your name, or the name that you want recipients to see. This is what will be displayed in the recipient's inbox.
Account ID: This is part of the login information SBC Global needs to access your account. In this case, it's your email address without the @sbcglobal.net at the end.
Password: This is the password for your email account. Note that it is case sensitive.
POP Server: This is the name of the incoming mail server. In this case, it's pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com.
SMTP Server: This is the name of the outgoing mail server. In this case, it's smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com.
Advanced Options: Check the "SMTP server requires authentication" box, and select "Use same settings as receiving mail server." Leave all the other settings at their defaults.

Most reactions