What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email

gerritvedder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a server exchanged from microsoft
on both server and ipad can i hold my mail.

when i delete the mail on ipad than delete the same mail also on mailserver exchanged

how can i doe that the mail is staying on sever whem i delete on ipad
thamks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pardon me if I haven't got it quite right - but are you asking how to keep mail on the server after you've deleted it from the iPad?

If so, go to your Settings app and pick the line Mail, Contacts, Calendars. For the e-mail account in question, select the Advanced tab. Somewhere on the pop-up that appears is a line "Delete from server." Select "Never" and you're done.

You could also do the same steps if you want the mail deleted from the server; the last step just would be different.

I hope that helps (and that I've understood your question). If not, please let us know and we'll take another stab at it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
G

gerritvedder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mail

thanks you have understand the question well.

But i have to email stand alone that tool to do what you say

But the mail for exchanged has not that to do

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, then I'm sorry. I don't run an Exchange-type e-mail account on my iPad ... so I didn't know there was a difference.

Maybe someone else will be along to help...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm afraid that's how Exchange servers work.

The best workaround is to create a few folders on the server; Business, Family, Important, Whatever. You should be able to do this either with your Microsoft Exchange email client, or with Outlook Web Access from a browser (not an iPad browser though). Make sure the folders are created on the server, not the local computer.

When you do this the folders will be synced with the iPad. Now, instead of deleting email you want to keep, use the move icon (looks like a couple folders) to move it to the appropriate folder. Your moved emails will be available in that folder from whatever device or computer you use. You can use the Edit function to move multiple emails at one time.

To see the other folders for you account on the iPad, tap the Mailboxes button at the top left of the mail list. Instead of choosing one of the Inboxes, choose your account from the lower list.

Hope this helps.

OP
G

gerritvedder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks i will say it to my server man
he can come on the server
i will tell you if iet is ok
thanks

Most reactions