What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending photos from an I-pad via Mail App

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I run a small class teaching people how to use an iPad. Today I was demonstrating how to attach a photo to an e-mail from the photo gallery. On 2 iPads this issue arose, when a photo was selected from the gallery and when I used the Mail app ( this is beside the Air Drop, Messages, Facebook and Instagram) the Drafts folder opened and the iPad tried to attach the photo to the draft e-mail which was unsuccessful. On all the other iPads, the new Message Screen appeared and the Email was processed successfully. Can anyone in the forum offer how this issue can be resolved?

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Lenny, thanks for your workaround, this was a new one to me. I had shown another workaround where I copied the photo and used the paste command on the e-mail.
Hopefully someone will know the answer as I'm totally intrigued why it is happening. There were 8 iPads in the class, 6 worked, two didn't. Both were new iPads, one an Air and the other a Series 9 iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My guess. Guess, because I have not tested this theory.

Check to see if the users had iCloud Photo Library enabled, set to Optimize, and perhaps did not open the photo (so that it downloaded). Also, having a slow or no internet connection might cause this if the above conditions were in place.

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi twerppoet, thanks for your reply, apologies I took so long in responding. I run an iPad class for for a local church group, and i was waiting until yesterday ( our next meeting) to check if it was a Broadband issue. It was, all people in the group can now send photos via e-mail successfully. I should have realised this may have been the problem as it took ages for e-mails to be delivered went sent to each other.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi twerppoet, thanks for your reply, apologies I took so long in responding. I run an iPad class for for a local church group, and i was waiting until yesterday ( our next meeting) to check if it was a Broadband issue. It was, all people in the group can now send photos via e-mail successfully. I should have realised this may have been the problem as it took ages for e-mails to be delivered went sent to each other.
No problem. I’m glad you got it sorted.

Most reactions

Latest posts