What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

selling ipad1 w 3g...

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'evening.
i'm getting ready to sell my ipad1 (64gb/att3g) to a friend. i've been using the att 3g regularly and continue to use on my ipad2. i want to pass the ipad1 with the sim in it so my friend can set up her own account without having to source/pay for a sim. i'm right at the end of my bandwidth allowance.

questions...
if i cancel my att account from the settings - cellular data menu, will that decouple the ipad1's sim/imei from my att account/login?
or, is there somewhere else to manage devices on my 3g data plan?
or, will my planned complete reset of the ipad1 suffice?

tia!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
'evening.
i'm getting ready to sell my ipad1 (64gb/att3g) to a friend. i've been using the att 3g regularly and continue to use on my ipad2. i want to pass the ipad1 with the sim in it so my friend can set up her own account without having to source/pay for a sim. i'm right at the end of my bandwidth allowance.

questions...
if i cancel my att account from the settings - cellular data menu, will that decouple the ipad1's sim/imei from my att account/login?
or, is there somewhere else to manage devices on my 3g data plan?
or, will my planned complete reset of the ipad1 suffice?

tia!

I would cancel my AT&T account just in case AT&T does its automated renewal. Do that at least two days before your 30 days is out. When you restore your iPad to the original factory settings, this wipes out all of your apps. Then when you give your friend her iPad, spend a little time with her to set up her iPad id, her iTunes acct, her email, etc. Show her how easy it is to sign up for AT&T's data plan. By doing that you can ensure that none of your stuff remains.

Most reactions

Latest posts