What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security

jackbull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi new to apple,iPad,and forum. Can you recommend a good security apps,thank you

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - Lookout - free - excellent and on App Store.

"Find my phone" can also be obtained from iTunes Store.

It all depends what sort of security you want and whether you are Jailbroken or not.

Last edited:

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are worried about malware, viruses & such Jack, you needn't be. The iPad doesn't have a problem in that area. At all. :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ziffos said:
Sorry dhewson777 but Avast has been withdrawn but try on your PC going to www.mylookout.com

Well, I get an access denied, but that was within the IPF app on my iPad.

I did find one once, but all it did was scan a single file on demand, ie. a email attachment, etc. there is no true anti -virus software for the iPad that works like the ones people are familiar with on PCs.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPads cannot get viruses. Not in the traditional sense. Apps are sandboxed, which means one app cannot mess around with another app or its data.

The only known malware attacks have been on Jailbroken devices using an ssh attack.

You not need to worry about viruses.

Most reactions

Latest posts