What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching

jasonhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you search on the App store, how can you search on popular rather then recent as a permanent feature rather then having to change and when you select an App it starts the search all over again.....

Appreciate any advice.

Jas

Sent from my iPad using iPF

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are buttons you can tap to choose a search priority. When you type in a search and press enter it will bring you to a page for your search. You can manage it from there.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app that you can download from the app store called "AppShopper", that will allow you to do this and much more. I just downloaded it this afternoon and it has already helped me more than searching just the app store itself.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-423986437.png
    image-423986437.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 192

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
App hits and Appshopper are both good free apps for searching for apps. They have categories that you set, that stay the same until you change them. You go to the app store to buy the app, and when you return to the search apps they are where you left them.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I don't know how the OP feels but thanks guys. I didn't know about them. I'll try it too.

OP
jasonhooper

jasonhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone - it is frustrating when you use the App store most popular function but when you look at an app and then go back it reverts to newest and from page 1! Not very Apple like!

Will try the suggestions and have a good Sunday.

Jas

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone - it is frustrating when you use the App store most popular function but when you look at an app and then go back it reverts to newest and from page 1! Not very Apple like!

Will try the suggestions and have a good Sunday.

Jas

I agree with you, that is very frustrating, but I think you will like the two suggestions that were posted here. Thanks, you have a nice Sunday as well. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts