What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching in E-Book Reader Apps

kpavila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of these readers search inside of the books? I recently purchased an iPad. As an attorney I have lots of reference material that I want to carry with me. I need to be able to search inside of the book on topics. Also the searches need to be "fuzzy". Thus a search for "sexual assault" will find "sexually assaulted" as well. Any suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, kpavila, and welcome to the forum!

I've moved your post to it's own thread. It'll probably get more eyes on it versus having it buried in a 6-month-old post about which e-reader people like.

As for your question, I know that you can search the Kindle and iBooks apps. I'm pretty sure there are others, but they were the only two I had books on and could easily/quickly check.

I am unsure about the "fuzzy" searching. I don't think any of the apps to that, TBH. You'll probably have to search each term separately.

But, I could be wrong, so I'll stop now and allow others to chime in.

Again, welcome to the forum. Good luck and have fun with your new iPad.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about the Kindle search, but iBooks' search feature is not going to meet your wants. It is very simple one term, no wild cards, and can not be forced to search for absolute words ('set' will return 'reset', no matter how you try to stop it).

I'd (almost) bet that you won't find a fuzzy search in any iPad eBook reader. That takes more resources (probably an expert system) to make a good job of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts